therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:43 am 

Hi everyone,

So i have been hard at work on a little program that i called TRHelper (TheRenamer Helper). Its almost done and i will be posting it up soon for people to try out. I find TR to be a great product and thought of creating a program that can do the monitoring and run TheRenamer when a file is found. I know that this can be achieved using Task manager or other third parties to launch TR every so often but i think a program that doesnt depend on a scheduler was more practical :)

The program requires TR to function and does not use any of the code used to create TheRenamer.

Main GUI

Options

Compact/Progress bar mode

Functions:

- Monitor Fetcher folders
- Additional Fetcher/Archive folders (using TR command line parameters)
- Merged Logs (History logs and Log.txt merged into the log file you specify in the options)
- Compact/Progress bar mode with transparency settings

Initial Release:
TRHelper x86 (Can be used in on x64 also)

TRHelper x64

***Links have been updated***

Since i dont have much time anymore to put towards this, if anyone is interested in taking the reigns, pm me

Last edited by saitoh183 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:46 pm 

This sound great.. Hopefully it will be able to check and start theRenamer without taking focus.. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:06 pm 

hummm, i will have to test that on my media center because since i use Therenamer on my server, Focus isnt a issue :)

EDIT: i just gave it a try and no, Focus is still stolen by TR. Since my application just starts TR from commandline (-fetch parameter) it will act the same as if you had started it via batch called by the Windows Task scheduler. Even using the hide icon and notification option of the systray (windows 7/WHS2011) it still steals focus. Since this is a limitation of TR, there is nothing much i can do about. I will still search to see if there is a workaround but i doubt it

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:02 pm 

Well its finally ready for a public run!

I will add the download links to the OP. Its pretty straight forward and shouldnt need a help file. Just download, place it where you want and start it! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:22 pm 

Updated links since Megaupload was shut down!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:02 pm 

saitoh183 wrote:
Well its finally ready for a public run!

I will add the download links to the OP. Its pretty straight forward and shouldnt need a help file. Just download, place it where you want and start it! :D

Hi Saitoh, nice thinking on creating this proggy. Has a lot of potential.
1 Question: Is it supposed to work by running an endless loop of checking for new files? If so it is not very practical when you use the computer for other uses beside running the renamer. I understand on your server this isn't an issue, but many people are no doubt just running this from the desktop.
Perhaps you could look into having it scan every say: 5 minutes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:28 pm 

Yeah...i was looking into that, just havent had much time lately to work on it. With all the main Filehosting sites going to hell, i have moved to newsgroups and been working on fixing my new setup which doesnt require TheRenamer anymore. But i will try to look into that option this weekend. Maybe add an option to set your own timer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:45 pm 

saitoh183 wrote:
Yeah...i was looking into that, just havent had much time lately to work on it. With all the main Filehosting sites going to hell, i have moved to newsgroups and been working on fixing my new setup which doesnt require TheRenamer anymore. But i will try to look into that option this weekend. Maybe add an option to set your own timer

cool...when u say moved to newsgroups I'm confused... I've always used usenet (hate torrents) and sabnzbd for years but find the renamer is still the best thing for making XBMC play nice...

Would be interested to check out a timer addition....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:07 pm 

replied in a pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:06 am 

IVY wrote:
Is it supposed to work by running an endless loop of checking for new files? If so it is not very practical when you use the computer for other uses beside running the renamer. I understand on your server this isn't an issue, but many people are no doubt just running this from the desktop.
Perhaps you could look into having it scan every say: 5 minutes?

Either this is Spam, or you are attempting to achieve something which I do not understand. Why did you copy my comment that I wrote a few posts before this one?