therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:26 am 

Hi,

This may be a strange thing to ask of a program called "the renamer", but is there a way to completely turn off renaming for movies and/or tv shows, or, if not, would you consider adding it?
I ask because I'm quite happy with tv filenames, and would like them to remain the same, although I'd often like movies changed. Why use TR without the renaming function? Well I'm really only after the moving to the archive function.

Secondly, my tv archive exists on 4 separate drives due to its size, and I was wondering if you had plans to support that. I know people like to do this in different ways, so it could be complicated to implement, but unfortunately people with multiple archives can't do much without it.

Thanks, and good work so far, it's an impressive program.
-Steve

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:46 am 
Site Admin

I remember replying this question before, probably from an e-mail. Anyways, here's the reply for people who wish to know.

With Fetch and Archive Folder set, there'll be a PAW icon on the start page.
You can use 'M+ left click' to do a manual move.
Manual Move assume all filenames are already in the correct format, and just moves the files from Fetch to Archive.

Different Archive folders:
I have parameter options, but it's meant for silent mode. I'll extend it so you can just launch the exe through shortcuts with the assigned fetch folder or archive folder.

-alf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 am 

alfred wrote:
Different Archive folders:
I have parameter options, but it's meant for silent mode. I'll extend it so you can just launch the exe through shortcuts with the assigned fetch folder or archive folder.

-alf

In TRHelper (see sticky) you can do that

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Finally sat down and added it.

In next build (7.57), you can force different fetch folder or archive folders when launched, simply create different shortcuts and specify the -ff or -af.

Paths will not be saved. (Unless you hit the Save button in the Settings UI).
When you reopen theRenamer the normal way, it will use the saved paths.

example: Shortcut Target:
"C:\Program Files\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -ff="C:\temp fetch" -af="c:\temp archive"

or force launch in movie mode
"C:\Program Files\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -ff="C:\temp fetch" -movie -af="c:\temp archive"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:05 am 

Alright, I have been following the instructions here
http://lifehacker.com/5595586/set-up-a- ... dia-center

I was able to get everything to work except the fetch command. From what I read in this post, I think this version of "the renamer" disabled the fetch command in a batch file if the source and archive folders are set in "the renamer" settings. However, I am a total noob when it comes to programming so I may be totally wrong. At this point when I run my command, it goes through the correct folders and opens up "the renamer" and then i have to click the paw. Once I do, all the tv shows and movies are renamed and moved. It is great! But how do I set it up so that I do not have to click the paw?

Thanks for your help!

Also any suggestions on how to make the command line go away once the program is done would be super...Just sayin

-Thanks again

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 pm 

Alright I have rewritten my batch file copying and pasting your structure for auto fetch and auto move here while redirecting the directories to what I have mine set to. "Therenamer" locates my archive folder just fine but does not recognize the fetch folder. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I absolutely love this program, it is a huge help.