therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 5:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:13 pm 

I think this is a BIG Bug, followed by a smaller Bug:

Ok, I tried it all over again.. this time using the various Databases, and the FULL Show Name (THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT) and a partial name (RULES OF):

1)when set to TVDB... It won't recognize the file name "Rules of Engagement S06E09.avi" but it WILL rename the file if I remove "Engagement" ("Rules of S06E09.avi") and renames it as it normally does any other TV show name.

AND, here's the Kick-To-THE-Head part... If I have SHOWNAME checked off... it will rename the file "Rules of Engagement S06E09" - Now, try UNchecking SHOWNAME... and try sending it thru RENAMER again, and it says "INVALID FILENAME".

If i use IMDB with the FULL show name ... it says INVALID FILENAME.

If i use EPGUIDES with the FULL show name ... it says INVALID FILENAME.

The summary? It ONLY recognizes "Rules of" instead of "Rules of Engagement" BUT Only in TVDB, and also will not WORK in any other database.

Does anyone have this same problem? Anyone have a solution?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:27 pm 

I think there's something wrong with the name interpreter in the latest build, similar to what animal99 described above, I receive !!! INVALID FILENAME !!! when I give it "Have.i.got.news.for.you.s34e01.avi", but then when I manually renamed it to "Have I Got News For You s34e01.avi" it worked fine. I tried adding the full stop character to the suppression list in the settings but that didn't fix the problem.

It doesn't appear to be confined to this one show either, the same thing happens when I try and use any show that contains a full stop (excluding the file type separator).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:48 am 

Hi, i downloaded this app yesterday and i'm having some troubles. First of all i couldn't open the program since im not an administrator. (borrowing the GF's computer sinse mine broke down). We changed the permissons on the program itself so that i would have permisson to use it. However, i have designated a fetch folder and a TVshows Archive folder, but when i drag the files from the fetch folder nothing happens. The paw doesn't even show up when i start the program. Help Please!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:36 am 

I have just gotten a new computer and am having problems getting the renamer to work. It is windows 8. When I install I get the following errors.

After the three errors it completes the installation but then won't connect it keeps trying but nothing happens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:18 pm 

MrLore wrote:
I think there's something wrong with the name interpreter in the latest build, similar to what animal99 described above, I receive !!! INVALID FILENAME !!! when I give it "Have.i.got.news.for.you.s34e01.avi", but then when I manually renamed it to "Have I Got News For You s34e01.avi" it worked fine. I tried adding the full stop character to the suppression list in the settings but that didn't fix the problem.

It doesn't appear to be confined to this one show either, the same thing happens when I try and use any show that contains a full stop (excluding the file type separator).

Yup, also does the same with Russell Howard's Good News.

Think it has something to do with the length of the showname, too long and it gets upset

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7