therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Problem with auto move
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:07 am 

Okay first let me say that this is a wonderful piece of software and I love using it. Now here is whats going on. I use theRenamer manually and it works without any issues. It renames the file and will move it to my video folder. However, when I go to play that file through my XBOX 360 it says the file can be played. If I turn auto move off and move the file myself I can play the file. This started when I installed Windows 7 Home 64-bit. When I used this on Vista I had zero issues. I've tried resetting the media library and the files will still not play on the 360, they will play on the computer it self. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:38 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
XBOX 360 it says the file can be played

You mean it can't be played right?

Sounds like some user rights issue with the Windows 7 Home 64-bit.
Both files should be renamed the same right? (auto move on and off)

From your PC, browse to the file in XBOX 360. Right click and see Security Tab.
See what's the difference in Permission for SYSTEM for both files.

-alf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:53 pm 

I am having the exact same problem. I have two win 7 computers. I'm using eventghost to automatically start the renamer when a download is completed but when it moves the file it is changing the permissions so that only the server computer has permission to use it. I've spent the last 6 hours online looking and this is the closest I've gotten to an existing post. Someone help please!!

Edit: I have found the differences between two files one auto moved one not and the permissions removed by auto move are everyone batch interactive service and wmpnetworksvc. I am able to go and change these files manually but that should not be necessary

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 pm 

Ok I have this fixed for my situation for windows 7. Here's how I did it.

1. Right click on the top folder of your TV library.
2. Click on Properties
3. Click on the Security Tab
4. Click on the Advanced Button
5. Click on the Auditing Tab
6. Click on the Continue Button
7. Click on the Add... Button
8. Type in EVERYONE in the text field for object name and click ok
9. Check the box for Full Control and make sure it applies to "This folder, subfolders and files" then click ok
10. Check the box to replace all existing inheritable auditing entries

This ensures that whenever a new file is added that is has the correct permissions to be viewed by a client pc over your network regardless of the auto move function trying to change it en route. :-)

Edit: Well as it turns out this was a fluke. It did it only a few times then stopped working. This does work as a manual fix to the problem but you don't use the auditing just the normal method. If someone could figure out why these permissions are getting messed up it would be awesome!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:53 pm 

Ok I have it figured out this time I swear! lol So here it is. The folder for utorrent where the downloaded files for movies and tv shows and such are created was in my user folder. When a file is created it takes on the security profile of the folder that it is created in. So to fix the issue I created a new download folder in my public documents folder therefore giving it the inherited publicly shared security profile. That way when ever new files are downloaded and created they will be shared to everyone. This makes security issues between my server and my htpc a non-issue! Sorry for accusing the renamer I love this program and am currently using it with eventghost and ember media manager to create a hands free experience. Currently the only thing I have to do is assign a label in utorrent and then everything from content scraping renaming moving and directory creation are done seamlessly!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting the find! I'll put it out as a sticky thread

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:29 am 

She didn't know because when, she ghd australia understood which the general manager ghd midnight usually created issues. By way of example, an individual day, the general supervisor asked her to do a profits chart concerning the GHD Rather in Pink straightener with the last quarter. It absolutely was incredibly challenging. She did all evening till she finished it. But during the 2nd day, the general supervisor advised her that he didn't want the profits chart of GHD Very in Pink but other goods. She was genuinely desired to get rid ghd australia of her temper. In thing to consider in the working experience during the last GHD Pretty in Pink company, she made a decision to bear ghd straightener him. In day-to-day everyday living, the overall ghd on line australia generally considered the coffee was much too incredibly hot or also chilly when she built espresso for him.She considered he need to dislike her incredibly a great deal. And she GHD IV Styler didn't recognize that why he did not modify her for one more. She heard the general manager was the subsequent generation of wealth. This ghd outlet organization was developed by his father. In reality, he just inherited this buy ghd australia organization. So there was practically nothing awesome about him. Even though he usually handled her terribly, he preserved her when she argued with other people. By way of example, a cheap ghd australia supervisor of other section asked her to accomplish a hard occupation. Following the common supervisor understood this factor, he blamed that man and he mentioned only he can use her to do some thing.