therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:03 pm 

I'm using AutoExtractor for monitoring my uTorrent queue and automatically un-raring finished downloads (TV series in this case). After it unrars a release AutoExtractor starts theRenamer with -fetch for easy sorting. The Fetch Folder is set to "E:\Download\" and the TV Shows Archive is set to "E:\TV\".

My problem is that I can't seem to set theRenamer to ignore the sample folder and/or sample file. Which leads to the program renaming the sample and moving it to the TV Shows Archive, ruining the torrent for seeding with uTorrent because parts are now missing.

What I've tried in theRenamer without success:
- uncheck "Include Sub Folders"
- uncheck "Delete Sample Folder & Files"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

The best way to setup uTorrent to have the Completed files moved to another folder. (e.g.: Folder X. Completed as in finish downloading and seeding)
And your Fetch folder is pointed to Folder X.

I hope this is what your asking.
-alf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:46 pm 

Thanks for the fast reply.

alfred wrote:
The best way to setup uTorrent to have the Completed files moved to another folder. (e.g.: Folder X. Completed as in finish downloading and seeding)
And your Fetch folder is pointed to Folder X.

This is the way I have set it up. During download uTorrent uses "E:\incomplete\" and after it finishes it moves the files to "E:\Download\<label>". I don't think that's part of my original problem, though.

My problem is that I can't forbid theRenamer to do any changes to the files I downloaded because theRenamer accesses the Sample folder and renames + moves the sample thus destroying the torrent for seeding.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

Can you post an example folder structure and which folder you wish to ignore?
And the problem you have is that you don't want to screw up seeding?

If files are in your completed, won't they be finished seeding?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm 

alfred wrote:
If files are in your completed, won't they be finished seeding?

Not necessarily. Most of the time it takes a lot longer for me to seed back than to download the files.

alfred wrote:
Can you post an example folder structure and which folder you wish to ignore?

"E:\Download\XYZ.S03E02.HDTV.XviD-NoTV\XYZ.0302.hdtv.xvid-notv.avi" This is the file AutoExtractor unrar'd from the .rars I downloaded and which I want renamed and moved (which works flawlessly)

"E:\Download\XYZ.S03E02.HDTV.XviD-NoTV\Sample\XYZ.0302.hdtv.xvid-notv-sample.avi" This is the file that needs to stay as it is inside the "Sample" folder or else the torrent integrity gets destroyed. Right now theRenamer renames it to "XYZ - 3x02 - <episode name> (Sample).avi" and moves it to my TV Shows Archive folder.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry, I don't have a good answer for you.
If I'm not wrong, only files that are seeded 100% are moved to a specific folder. And that is the folder I use for fetch.

In uTorrent Preferences:
Directories -
- Put new downloads in: (files are downloaded, bu still not Completed status; less that 100% ratio)
- Move completed downloads in: (this should be after seeding reached 100%, status Completed, otherwise files won't be seeded properly, thus bad for bittorrent in general.)

Unless that rule has changed recently in uTorrent......i'll have to check (later).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Just to double check, the problem we're talking about is files being renamed and cause seeding issues right?
It's not about Sample folders.... Any file that is renamed will kill seeding since the file can't be found anymore.

The problem is files that are currently being seeded are renamed.
I'm also not sure how this can happen. Files that are in-use can not be renamed... this is a windows thing.

So... I'm confused.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:00 pm 

alfred wrote:
Just to double check, the problem we're talking about is files being renamed and cause seeding issues right?

Renamed & moved, exactly. Most of the time not every file inside a torrent I downloaded is in use while uTorrent seeds and Windows lets theRenamer rename & move the sample, destroying the torrent.

alfred wrote:
If I'm not wrong, only files that are seeded 100% are moved to a specific folder.

I'm using uTorrent 2.0.2 and it only has an option for moving completed downloads. With seeded 100% I mean my goal is to give back to the swarm 100% or more of the file size which often takes longer than downloading it.

What I would need to fix the problem is a way to ignore the sample folder and/or file in theRenamer or block theRenamer from accessing the files inside the Sample folder altogether.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:07 pm 
Site Admin

We're on the same page about giving back..... but you keep stressing about Sample Folders, which confuse me.
Any file that is missing can't be seeded. not just files inside sample folder.

So.

Even if I do set a option to Ignore TV Sample Folders, how does this help?
Files that are not in Sample Folders will still be renamed or moved. Thus a missing file to be seeded.

Or you only plan to seed Sample files for some reason?

-EDIT:
Do you have Google Talk or MSN? Easier to talk that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:14 pm 

alfred wrote:
We're on the same page about giving back..... but you keep stressing about Sample Folders, which confuse me.
Any file that is missing can't be seeded. not just files inside sample folder.

For me simply being able to ignore Sample folders would fix the problem entirely because it contains the only file with an extension (.avi) I can't manually add to "Ignore Files" in theRenamer without screwing up the whole idea behind it. Maybe for a more "general purpose" use it would be great to be able to ignore files or folders containing certain words, "Sample" in my case.