therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:07 am 

I tryed searching Episode TItle Missing but the forum came back with the too common of a phrase error.. So please forgive me if this is posted somewhere and i have missed it.
I have several episodes/seasons of family guy several of the newer ones that are names Family.Guy-###-Episode Name.avi ect those are properly name and work within therenamer... However i have several... If not most of the seasons i backed up or what have you off of my dvds that aparently i did not rename correctly in the following format.. SXX_EXX-Episode name .avi that obviously dont have the show name at the begining so when it comes up in therenamer it gives me the Episode title missing error.. To rename all of these normaly individualy would be a pain only desevered of my ex so i would rather not. Can someone please give me a suggestion on how i would proceed? I am stuck and have googled myself into confusion so any help would be really apperciated.

Also if anyone can also help this similar one.. I have
a folder of shows already divided into seasons and in each season folder i have all the episodes named "episode name.avi" only no season indentifier or show name and it wont recognize those also.. Any ideas how to fix that other than manualy renaming each as well?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:06 am 

well after googling some more i finally did find a solution if anyone is intrested...
Oddly enough there is another program i found called "ReNamer" and can be used to add whatever you want into a filename or replace specific text and all kinds of things.. It's awesome, Mods if its ok i would like to offer the url http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=ReNamer is the program i found.. If not please delete thought i would share my soulotion.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

If a file has no show name (SXX_EXX-Episode name .avi), theRenamer will look for the Folder name.
eg:. This should work:
c:\movies\Criminal Minds\S01E01.avi

It also handles season folders. The only way to recognize that is from the Season Folder Name format set in TV settings.
eg.:
Season Folder is set 'Season "
eg:. This should work too:
c:\movies\Criminal Minds\Season 1\S01E01.avi

Both cases, the showname found is 'Criminal Minds"

Other than that, there's no way to know what is the showname if the filename doesn't contain it. U will need a file naming app to add the showname like u mentioned.