therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am 

I would like to say that I absolutely could not live without thRenamer! It definitely saves me the effort and time of writing my own (or trying to...lol).

Having said that, I'd like to add some updates to this thread and hopefully improve upon what's been done here.

For this automation, you'll need an updated uTorrent, a couple of batch files, winrar command line, and of course, TheRenamer.

Firstly, I had trouble with uTorrent and the batch files not working well with spaces in the directory structure, so, no spaces in folder names or Labels. Also, and this is a big one for some, this only works with shows that are RAR'ed, not just a single AVI file. I'm working on an addition to the check.bat that will see if it's in RAR format or just a single file and decide what to do from there. I've used it successfully with xcopy and will probably use it.

So, uTorrent 2.2 comes with the ability to download automatically with its RSS Downloader, as long as the feed contains direct links to the file and not just a link to the page where the torrent is.

You must do a few things when setting up the RSS Downloader:
1. In uTorrent, add the RSS Feed for your torrent site
When you're done, you'll need to add your favorite shows to the RSS Downloader. Add a filter, select what episodes to start from, where to save each download, and type in a Label. (Remember to not have any spaces in the Label name.)

2. in uTorrent Preferences, in the "Run this program when a torrent finishes" section, type this (change the file path to whatever yours is):
Quote:
"H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\check.bat" %L %N %D %F

Notice the quotation marks and the values being passed to the batch file:
Quote:
%L %N %D %F
Label, Title of torrent, Directory where files are downloaded, and Name of download (for single file torrents).

3. Make 2 batch files. One called "check.bat" and one called "Automate.bat". (Open Notepad >File> "Save as" > "Save as type:" - Choose "All Files *.*"> File Name: check.bat>click "Save")
Save these batch files to the directory where you are downloading your torrents to.

Here's check.bat:
Code:
@ECHO OFF
rem check.bat

set Label=%1
set Title=%2
set Directory=%3
set FileName=%4

if %Label%==Label#1 (
echo %Label% finished downloading.
goto Automate
)
if %Label%==Label#2 (
goto Automate
)
if %Label%==Label#3 (
goto Automate
) else (
goto EOF
)

:Automate
H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\Automate.bat %Label% %Title% %Directory% %FileName%

Add as many shows as you want. Replace "Label#1" with the label from uTorrent's RSS Downloader. (Remember, no spaces in the Label)

The second batch file is the Automate.bat. This batch file will use WinRAR's command line option to extract the file to your fetch folder, leaving the original torrent in place and intact so you can continue to seed uninterrupted.
Code:
@ECHO OFF
rem Automate.bat
set Label=%1
set Title=%2
set Directory=%3
set FileName=%4

IF EXIST %3\%4 (
echo.
echo _________________________________________________________
echo.
echo Archives found in %3\%4 extracting to your fetch folder...
H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\RAR.EXE x %3\*.* H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\fetch\
"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch
)

(I'm currently working on having the batch file use xcopy if the torrent you downloaded is NOT in rar format. I'll probably use an IF/ELSE statement like this:)
Code:
IF EXIST %3\%4 (
echo.
echo _________________________________________________________
echo.
echo Archives found in %3\%4 extracting to your fetch folder...
H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\RAR.EXE x %3\*.* H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\fetch\
) else (
xcopy %Directory%\ H:\TV_Show_Auto_Download\fetch
)

Notice I used a relative path for theRenamer, I run 64bit Windows 7, so your path may be different. (Remember, no spaces. Use a relative path if need be)

4. Create a fetch folder in your torrent download folder. This folder will only be used each time a torrent finishes, to temporarily hold the avi or whatever file until TheRenamer moves it to your TV Show Archive. You must have this folder and it must remain empty.

5. Download and install WinRAR if you haven't already. (If you haven't, you probably have no reason to be reading this thread or using theRenamer anyway!) Find RAR.exe and copy and paste it to your torrent download folder, along with the 2 batch files and the fetch folder.

6. Sit back and relax, as the batch files, winrar, TheRenamer, and uTorrent do all the work for you!

Questions, comments, and concerns welcome. :):):)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:55 am 

innoman wrote:
you can always use a batch file to run everything as soon as every torrent finishes. You would need a program that will un-rar files via command line. Here is the batch file I use... It doesn't un-rar but it works amazingly. I go in and manually handle the movies but there are ways to do that with tags/folders.

Quote:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
ECHO ______________________________________________________________________
ECHO.
ECHO Process Started: %date% %time%
ECHO.
Echo Executing 'ROBOCOPY' -- Preparing completed items for processing...

ROBOCOPY D:\Torrents\Completed\ D:\Torrents\Staging\ /M /S /Z /LOG+:D:\Torrents\batches\proccessed.log /TEE /ETA

ECHO.
ECHO **ROBOCOPY Process Complete!
ECHO.
ECHO Executing 'theRenamer' -- Processing media files...

C:\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe -fetch

ECHO.
ECHO **theRenamer Process Complete!
ECHO.
ECHO Process Completed: %date% %time%

Thanks for this Innoman! I signed up specifically to respond to this post.

This was great info and did exactly what I needed it to do. There are, however, a couple corrections and a warning necessary for this to work properly.
First, the source and destination cannot end with a backslash ( \ ), as this will be treated as an escape character and return a syntax error.

So, where you have:
Quote:
ROBOCOPY D:\Torrents\Completed\ D:\Torrents\Staging\ /M /S /Z /LOG+:D:\Torrents\batches\proccessed.log /TEE /ETA

it should be:
Quote:
ROBOCOPY D:\Torrents\Completed D:\Torrents\Staging /M /S /Z /LOG+:D:\Torrents\batches\proccessed.log /TEE /ETA

Also (the warning), it's worth noting that while this small correction would work for your specific file structure, others would have errors if they have spaces in their source and/or destination paths. To accommodate file paths that have spaces, you need to encase the paths in quotes ( " ).

This is my working batch file for reference :
Quote:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO Process Started: %date% %time%
ECHO.
Echo Executing 'ROBOCOPY' -- Preparing completed items for processing...

ROBOCOPY "D:\New Downloads\Complete" "D:\New Downloads\Staging" /M /S /Z /LOG+:"D:\New Downloads\Batches\proccessed.log" /TEE /ETA

ECHO.
ECHO **ROBOCOPY Process Complete!
ECHO.
ECHO Executing 'theRenamer' -- Processing media files...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetch

ECHO.
ECHO **theRenamer Process Complete!
ECHO.
ECHO Process Completed: %date% %time%

Thanks for your help with getting this set up, you definitely got me on the right path and I love that the files don't have to finish seeding before they are usable in MediaPortal (and that they are still allowed to seed at the same time) Brilliant!

Grey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:29 am 

How do you automatically open up utorrent when logging in the computer? Is there like a way like when I log on the computer, utorrent opens itself automatically? Sometimes I forget, and my downloads are not finished fast.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:06 pm 

Just to let you know, the plugin in Mediaportal's that handles TV Series ("MP TVSeries") now supports dated shows.
It was great to use this software but for me, there is now no need to use theRenamer. uTorrent downloads the shows and MP-TVSeries automatically recognizes them, parses them, displays them in MediaPortal and downloads the appropriate artwork.
So, I'm out... Thank you for the great software!

Y.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:19 pm 

Hey guys I just started using the renamer and I must say it is fantastic. I just thought I'd try to give back and post this image of a flow chart I made for my father to explain how my system is set up. I am happy to say that I am now completely hands free on TV shows!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:27 am 

Initially, the client bottom with consider to on-line paying for action even though in the rich study course possessing an entire excellent provide of committing in electric power. But now, within training training course within your efforts a terrific supply a lot more in add-on towards your excellent give far more grownup douleur and women opt for creating on-line buys, so constantly cheap ray ban sunglasses a considerable shift in <a >louboutin sale</a> on-line acquiring tendencies. Background and distinct transactions Red Bottom sneakers all the way through on-line Purchasing The rule of on-line buying provides formulated slowly acceptable next the beginning from the world considerable Online. Charles Stack was the very first precise man or woman to provide an on-line bookstore throughout 1992. Even Pizza Hut authorised an on-line pizza retailer; even nonetheless eBay as well as Amazon took the rule of on-line buying into a entire new amount. On-line purchasing started off one hundred % swing provided that 1996.

Post subject: Wholesale handbag
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 pm 

Hello really I like your blog.... it's an excellent blog post found here...
your blog contains very unique and very interesting
information, Thanks very much for the share...
Wholesale handbag