therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:38 pm 

Larkspeed wrote:
I'll give that a go

What I found out is that after the downloading is done, it starts seeding (the file is not renamed). Only when I press "stop" to the download or when the torrent reaches it's seeding goal (I seed till it's 120%) then the renaming is invoked. It works fine.
The only problem with this technique is that the batch file is called every time a torrent finishes (it doesn't run the renamer, but still it pops up), and that's annoying. I haven't found a way around it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:01 pm 

Yeah that's fine for me though as the machine that runs utorrent runs headless in a cupboard and is only used for downloading and serving media to our home network (terrible but we have 10 computers in this house and 2 media streamers)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:54 am 

Just throwing a question into the mix - what if my RSS downloaded shows all come as multi-part RAR archives? How the hell do I make that work?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:12 am 

you would need to set something up that could unrar automatically and then I have the renamer run on a schedule to handle what was extracted

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:04 pm 

you can always use a batch file to run everything as soon as every torrent finishes. You would need a program that will un-rar files via command line. Here is the batch file I use... It doesn't un-rar but it works amazingly. I go in and manually handle the movies but there are ways to do that with tags/folders.

Quote:
@ECHO OFF
ECHO.
ECHO ______________________________________________________________________
ECHO.
ECHO Process Started: %date% %time%
ECHO.
Echo Executing 'ROBOCOPY' -- Preparing completed items for processing...

ROBOCOPY D:\Torrents\Completed\ D:\Torrents\Staging\ /M /S /Z /LOG+:D:\Torrents\batches\proccessed.log /TEE /ETA

ECHO.
ECHO **ROBOCOPY Process Complete!
ECHO.
ECHO Executing 'theRenamer' -- Processing media files...

C:\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe -fetch

ECHO.
ECHO **theRenamer Process Complete!
ECHO.
ECHO Process Completed: %date% %time%
ECHO ______________________________________________________________________

All the ECHO's are to make it pretty and I put a little more stuff in there just to look nice. Robocopy does it's job amazingly and allows me to continue seeding without interruption. Downloading TV Shows is almost 100% automated, as soon as they appear on TVT, my RSS grabs them, show is downloaded, uTorrent calls my batch file, show is copied to a staging directory, theRenamer runs and does it's thing, show is sorted into the correct directories. Boxee scans randomly and I watch it when I want. Most shows appear in boxee within 30 minutes after they air.

It was a little annoying at first trying to get everything right, following different how-to's people have created, etc... The tutorials were a great start but over-complicated the process. This is the simplest and most efficient way I could find. The issue with doing things on a schedule is you are more likely to copy something that isn't ready, etc...

You do have to have uTorrent move completed files. I also suggest having it append .iut onto the end of files not completed and put that int the list of ignores in theRenamer. I have, once or twice, had a file be transferred prematurely and this prevented it from going to my sorted folder. Once the file completed copying from the in progress to the complete folder, Robocopy picked it up as a new file.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:06 pm 

y0o1a2v3 wrote:
orks fine.
The only problem with this technique is that the batch file is called every time a torrent finishes (it doesn't run the renamer, but still it pops up), and that's annoying. I haven't found a way around it yet.

It might be possible to use a -silent switch or something in uTorrent to keep that from happening?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 am 

Here's what I came up with for the RAR archive problem -

Monitor the completed downloads directory with AutoExtractor http://autoextractor.enpts.com/
Execture therenamer on torrent completion but with a 120s pause at the start to give RARs time to extract.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:58 am 

SCRU seems a bit more reliable for unpacking archives.

I had to make sure the unpacked & completed directories were the same because sometimes you get shows that aren't packed and I didn't want therenamer to miss them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:43 pm 

y0o1a2v3 wrote:
works fine.

I figured it out!! You have two options (I haven't tested them completely yet because I haven't had any shows finish. I don't know if either will try to put Boxee/XNBC/Whatever in the background while it runs or not.)

Option 1 - Create a shortcut to your batch file. Right click on the new shortcut and click properties, change Run to minimized, click Ok. Point uTorrent at the shortcut instead of directly to the Batch file. This will keep it in the task bar which means you can still click on it, it will open minimized so it's not taking up the screen.

Option 2 - Create a file with Notepad and save it with a .vbs extention. Put the following in the file (modifying the location/name of your batch file as necessary).
Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "C:\Batch Files\process_media.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

More info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx

This method keeps the process invisible. No popups or other indication that the batch file is running. It would probably be beneficial to have some sort of log if you choose this way. Robocopy outputs a log for me and theRenamer opens minimized (which means I can maximize it to see what it's doing) and also provides logs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm 

y0o1a2v3 wrote:

P.S. The only shortcoming here is that the file gets renamed right after the file finishes downloading, and then uTorrent stops seeding it. I haven't found a way to also rename the file in uTorrent automatically... If someone wants to improve the technique - welcome...

You can use robocopy, follow my previous example for more details. There is also a how-to on lifehacker that gives some great ideas.