therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am
Posts: 5
Hi, just want to start by saying thank you for this great program. A couple problems though:

1. Randomly enabled CD123. This doesn't happen on all my files, but it does on a lot of them. For instance, I have my Stargate Atlantis season 5 files renamed to like 5x1.avi so TheRenamer can easily recognize them. However, when drag them over, the program adds the CD123 format (from Global Settings) to every single file. It doesn't do this on all my TV programs, just this one and a few others. Can the next version force CD123 detection to be disabled?

2. "Get DVD" doesn't seem to always work. I tested it with the TV show "Firefly" and that worked, but when doing "Batman: The Animated Series" I get the error "EPISODE DATA MISSING". Oddly enough, it worked for 1x12, but all other episodes in the seasons I tested don't work. If I don't do "Get DVD" it pulls up the Batman data fine but of course, the episode order isn't the same as DVD. Can you look into this?

Using TheTVdb.com for both these issues.

Thank you again!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:03 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: Matrix World
Could be a bug. Can you post the full path and filename for CD123 problems?
Also for the DVD order problems, please post filename examples to test


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am
Posts: 5
Quote:
Could be a bug. Can you post the full path and filename for CD123 problems?


Here's the path:

E:\TV\Stargate Atlantis\Stargate Atlantis S5\

Example filename:

Stargate Atlantis.S05E03.Broken Ties--1--.avi

The "--1--" is how I have CD123 showing up so I can tell it isn't related to multi-part episodes.

Quote:
Also for the DVD order problems, please post filename examples to test

Sure, the show ID is 76168 (Batman: The Animated Series). "Get DVD" should be checked.

Some filenames that don't work:
1x02. Christmas with the Joker.avi
1x05. Pretty Poison.avi
1x26. Appointment in Crime Alley.avi

The only one that does:
1x12. It's Never Too Late.avi

Is that what you wanted?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:51 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: Matrix World
I tested the file :
TV\Stargate Atlantis\Stargate Atlantis S5\Stargate Atlantis.S05E03.Broken Ties--1--.avi

It did not give me any CD123 problems. It renamed to Stargate Atlantis.S05E03.Broken Ties.avi

So probably something else. I also checked my code, and -1- isn't used as a CD123.

If u can, send me screenshots of your settings. Or post a few more examples for me to see what's common.

I got the same Missing result for DVD Order.
Will try to improve it in next build.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:27 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: Matrix World
Sorry, might not be able to do much with DVD Order.

Right now, I'm using absolute number to be DVD order number.
As you can see, only some are listed for Batman, explains why 1x12 works :
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=seasonall&id=76168&lid=7&order=absolute

Reason why I'm using Absolute Numbers to match is because most DVD Orders are the same as Absolute Numbers (from what I can tell).

If you get missing data because the absolute number is missing, then it's still correct checking (absolute number is not listed).
If you DO get titles, but are not correct (ONLY by watching your video and see if the title is correct), let me know, I'll have to remove DVD order support.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am
Posts: 5
alfred wrote:
I tested the file :
TV\Stargate Atlantis\Stargate Atlantis S5\Stargate Atlantis.S05E03.Broken Ties--1--.avi

It did not give me any CD123 problems. It renamed to Stargate Atlantis.S05E03.Broken Ties.avi

So probably something else. I also checked my code, and -1- isn't used as a CD123.

If u can, send me screenshots of your settings. Or post a few more examples for me to see what's common.

I got the same Missing result for DVD Order.
Will try to improve it in next build.


I updated the settings for CD123 to show as "-CD123-1-CD123-" so it's pretty clear what's going on.

Settings:
Image

You'll notice though, that some files it previously thought were CD123 files are no longer being identified that way, although some still are, namely the multi-part episodes.

Results:
Image

The warning at the bottom is because my external hard drive is not hooked up so the destination it wants to move to isn't available. Anyway I just want to request the ability to disable CD123 completely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am
Posts: 5
alfred wrote:
Sorry, might not be able to do much with DVD Order.

Right now, I'm using absolute number to be DVD order number.
As you can see, only some are listed for Batman, explains why 1x12 works :
http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=seasonall&id=76168&lid=7&order=absolute

Reason why I'm using Absolute Numbers to match is because most DVD Orders are the same as Absolute Numbers (from what I can tell).

If you get missing data because the absolute number is missing, then it's still correct checking (absolute number is not listed).
If you DO get titles, but are not correct (ONLY by watching your video and see if the title is correct), let me know, I'll have to remove DVD order support.


It isn't the same for a lot of shows, or a lot of shows have it missing or number without season, like instead of Season 4 Episode 3, it'll say Episode 89. If this is the only way to do DVD order, I would leave it in with a warning note rather than not having it, but it won't work for a lot of shows.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: Matrix World
Yup, looks like episode titles found with (number) at the end somehow are also recognized as a CD123 thing.
Thanks for reporting.

-EDIT
This problem arise when the original filename has '(1)' and the episode title found has '(1)' or ', Part 1', thus you see the CD123 twice.
In previous versions, CD123 was not used for TV shows, only Movies.... so now there's complications :(

As for DVD Order, I guess I'll have to remove it until I can find a better source to get the titles.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:14 pm
Posts: 1533
Location: Matrix World
After more testings, I've decided to remove DVD Order feature.
Too much inconsistency to match properly.
Sorry. No more DVD Order support until I find a new database to handle this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:50 am
Posts: 5
alfred wrote:
Yup, looks like episode titles found with (number) at the end somehow are also recognized as a CD123 thing.
Thanks for reporting.

-EDIT
This problem arise when the original filename has '(1)' and the episode title found has '(1)' or ', Part 1', thus you see the CD123 twice.
In previous versions, CD123 was not used for TV shows, only Movies.... so now there's complications :(

As for DVD Order, I guess I'll have to remove it until I can find a better source to get the titles.


Sometimes I get this error with episodes that do not have "(1)" or "Part 1", it just occurs randomly sometimes. For future versions, will you give the option to disable CD123?

Disappointed but oh well, I really liked the DVD order feature.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY