therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: RN unrecognised formats
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:55 am 

the renamer recognises the common season/episode formats (1x01, s01e01 etc) and does a brilliant job renaming these files. Thank you for your efforts!

More and more I am finding some programs I get are labelled in full (e.g. The West Wing Season 1 Episode 01). Is it possible to add manual configuration to allow the renamer to translate 'season' to 'S' and 'episode' to 'E' before searching the web?

In a similar way, some programs get to become labelled 'Part 10 of 25' (e.g. Discovery.Ch.Sci.Fi.Science.10of25.How.to.Become.a.Superhero.XviD.AC3.MVGroup.org). When you look up this program as an example, it's in two seasons. An ability to configure a manual translation of 'part a of b' to 'SxxExx' prior to the web search?

I have used your batch remame file to rename other file format discrepancies very effectively - again, thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:12 am 
Site Admin

I can try adding "Season 1 Episode 01" to my list of checks.
Should be ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:34 pm 

This seems like an appropriate place as any: what about the opposite? I like to have my files as: "Episode 01- Pilot", but currently the closest I can get is "E01- Pilot" so I have to manually rename them all after, so would it be possible to either specify a more complex naming convention (such as giving us a text area where we could do something like "Episode " + %no + "- " + %title" perhaps?) or just have it as a listed option. Thanks.