therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:32 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Anime Scraping mode
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:31 pm 

This tool is great for standard TV Shows but when it comes to anime, the scrapers included don't work the greatest. TBDB works fine for individual series (One Piece, Ergo Proxy, Death Note) but when it comes to series that are technically separate seasons but with different names (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2, Sora no Otoshimono and Sora no Otoshimono: Forte) it just doesn't work since TVDB follows the standard Western sense of just classifying the second "series" as season 2 of the first show, which causes problems when it comes to identifying the series later. I have a few series (.Hack//Roots, .Hack//Legend of the Twilight, .Hack//SIGN) that are completely different series entirely yet TVDB bunches them together as different seasons of the same series.

I also keep my anime in a separate folder from my American TV shows thus making using The Renamer for both impossible, since the TV Show mode can only automatically detect files in one folder and move them to another folder; when I need to be able to detect one folder as TV shows needing to be renamed and move them to where they should be, and to detect a second folder with anime needing to be renamed, and move it to where it should be.

aniDB.net would probably be the best scraper, as I find that compared to other possible scrapers (like AnimeNewsNetwork), aniDB is updated more quickly and has more and better information.