therenamer.com (FORUM CLOSED, CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS)

Awesome Simple Best TV Show Renamer .....with Episode Titles!
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:54 pm 

Alfred,
I'll first say thank you again for making this awesome program! One thing that I wish your program could handle (unless it does in some way I'm un aware of), is "fighting events". This is definetly something I would make an additional donation for as it would be awesome! If you're not familiar with what I mean etc: Specifically most of what I have in that "fighting events" category is MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and most of the events are either from the UFC, the WEC, or Strikeforce. Each event is normally numbered, and often given a name, which is often the last names of the fighters in the main event. What I'd like is to rename the video files of the events, like so:
UFC 104 - Machida vs Shogun.mkv
UFC 109 - Relentless.mkv
Etc. I keep all of each organization's events in one folder, so all of UFC is in one, all of WEC is in another, etc.
Now to do any renaming I know you need a database to access. There are a couple that come to mind. I'm not sure if you can work with them though:
The first would be the Wiki's that have the event list for each organization. For instance here is the one for the UFC:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_events
They tend to be very up to date and accurate. Not sure if you could just scrape the page for info or what.
The other big one that covers all organizations is sherdog:
http://www.sherdog.com/events
There is a search function, not sure if you can interface to it.

Anyways I figure I'd throw this out there. I searched around and didn't find anyone else mentioning such a thing, but "WEC, UFC, MMA" etc are all too short to search for. Apologize if there is already a thread on this.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:32 am 
Site Admin

Should be possible.
I have some updates that should be ready this weekend. So it won't be in next build.

Both sites should be able to be scraped. But I'll just choose 1 when I work on this more.

I'll let you know if I need more info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:20 am 

Oh that's awesome! Thanks for even considering this! You're the man! If you need any info\websites\example release names\example files, don't hesitate to ask!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 pm 
Site Admin

Is support for UFC and UEC enough?

Please send me some sample file structures. Use blank txt files and just rename them to the original name+format.
U can send that to me by e-mail.
http://www.therenamer.com/contact.html

I can see sometimes it come in CD1/CD2, and the file is just called Part1.avi
The more different cases of file structure samples the better.

Thanks,
Alf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:52 pm 

Alfred: Like I mentioned in the other post if you didn't see that first (the one about MMA mode having issues with special characters: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=485 )
I somehow missed my subscription to this thread that you replied! I updated the other day and checked out the new options and saw options for MMA support and was floored! I'm trying it out now for the first time and so far I gotta say, it's more then I hoped for! It's saving me SO much time - already renamed a bunch of newer releases I had! You are the man!! I'll be donating again for this feature addition on Wednesday when I get paidz!

To go back to your last post's questions though (and two more things!):
1.) Yes, the original scene releases for the older events, were the "CD" releases that split the events into 2 or sometimes 3, separate .avi files. They're a pain (often multiple folders used, complicated RAR structures, etc) but it's the best you can download for the old ones that I've found. I tried the current version of theRenamer on such files and it only renames the first "part". Normally the event number is there and they just put "a/b/c" at the end of the file name, or they put cd1 or cd2 somewhere in the name. Some of them are very badly named and just have a 1/2 at the end of the file name. IMHO (or the way I'd prefer at least), the best way to handle this would be to standardize and put "a/b/c" right after the event number, so that:
kyr-ufc81b.avi becomes 081b - Breaking Point.avi
and
ufc.15.xvid.cd2-koenig.avi becomes 015b - Collision Course.avi
I parsed a bunch of my not yet renamed, old UFC rips; and came up with a quite few distinct different examples of how these older releases are named; and made the text files as you suggested. I RAR'd them all up together and threw up on my website so you wouldn't have to pull 'em outta e-mail:
http://protonus.ws/junk/UFC_release_name_examples.rar
Hopefully that's what you're looking for!

2.) Support for UFC and WEC is fantastic, as that is most of my collection. However, I also have events from Strikeforce, Bellator, Dream, and Pride, and my collection for those is increasing. Anything you can do to support them too, would be wonderful. It looks like you chose to use Wikipedia for WEC/UFC, which is cool (since I can update wikipedia to fix errors I find renaming!). Well. there are event lists for those other organizations too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Strikeforce_events
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bellator_events
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pride_events
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DR ... nts#Events
I can provide txt file examples of file names / release names, for these events too, like I did with UFC above, if that would help.

3.) Some of the UFC events, as well as the other organizations above, don't have official "numbers" as they were special events, or tournaments, etc. For instance the UFC often has "Fight Nights" which are either just a date, or the name of the main event. However, the file name almost always has this event name in it then, which would match what's on the wiki list. I realize that matching a text string is a lot less exact then an episode number etc, so that may not be possible for you to do. But, even if you just handled the "numeric" ones, that would still be awesome and save a ton of time! Again if you need text file examples for these too let me know.

4.) Lastly, there are two other video releases I download with almost every numbered UFC event - The Preliminary Fights, and the Countdown show. There aren't always prelim fights, they're usually separate files since they're usually on Spike before the PPV event. Sometimes the release groups put them before the PPV or after it, which is nice. But most of the time they're separate. Same thing for the countdown show.
These releases always say "prelims" or "preliminary" or "countdown" in the file name, along with the UFC event number etc. Problem is, as is, theRenamer just renames them like it does with the actual main event / PPV release file.
It would be incredible, if theRenamer could see the word "prelim" or "countdown" and put either Prelims or Countdown, in the file name, perhaps at the end? And otherwise rename the file the same way. That way you don't end up with three potentially identically named files. Here are some actual examples:
aaf-ufc116prelims.720p.mkv becomes 116 - Lesnar vs. Carwin - Prelims.mkv
ufc.111.preliminary.fights.hdtv.xvid-kyr.avi becomes 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy - Prelims.avi
countdown.to.wec.48.aldo.vs.faber.720p.hdtv.x264-kyr.mkv becomes 048 - Aldo vs. Faber - Countdown.mkv
ufc.112.countdown.720p.hdtv.x264-kyr.mkv becomes 112 - Invincible - Countdown.mkv
etc etc etc. Again if you need text file examples for these too let me know.

I know the above #3 and #4 are asking for a lot - so I can make a separate donation just for those features if you need.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm 

An addendum to #1 above:
With some of the earlier releases which are DVD rips, ,in addition to having "CD 1 / 2" or "part 1 / 2" etc, some of them also have an "extras" file, which are DVD extra's. These should be renamed along with Part 1/2 etc, perhaps with a suffix of just "Extras"? Or Perhaps make the suffix "c" or whatever the next higher letter is, if there is a part "a" and "b", etc?
Some actual examples of filenames I have (I can make 0kb txt file examples of these if you need):
ufc.59.xvid.extras-koenig.avi
hype-ufc.65.bad.intentions.extras.dvdrip.avi
hype-ufc.64.extras.dvdrip.avi
hype-ufc.62.liddell.vs.sobral.dvdrip.extras.avi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:11 pm 

Alfred: we talked a while ago about this, you wanted me to remind you after you got done with the international / special character support changes, about this thread - looks like you got them all done, so bumping this. The most important issue by far to me, is to handle the "cd1, cd2" issue in #1 above. The other issues would be great, but that first one is the one I'm most concerned about.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

I've added more CD123 checks for MMA: (checks only filename)

"a." "b." or "c." immediately after event number (example: kmf-ufc53a.avi)
"xa." "xb." or "xc." immediately after event number (example: kmf-ufc53xa.avi)

".1." ".2." or ".3." immediately after event number (example: m-ufc38.1.avi)
"_1." "_2." or "_3." immediately after event number (example: m-ufc38_1.avi)
"-1." "-2." or "-3." immediately after event number (example: m-ufc38-1.avi)

"mcm1" "mcm2" or "mcm3" (example: m-ufc9mcm1.avi)

"tt1" "tt2" or "tt3" (example: m-ufc10tt1.avi)

Please wait for next build.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:00 pm 

More than happy to test the next beta build for ya! Let me know.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 pm 

The CD123 support in 7.46 worked fantastic on my older UFC events! Thank you SO much for adding this - sent another donation for adding this feature! Patiently awaiting the other features mentioned above being added as time permits - will donate again for those too! :ugeek: